Sunday, July 02, 2006

Newsbreak Features Philippine Idol

Newsbreak Magazine featured Philippine Idol on its latest cover story! Writer Carmela Fonbuena visited the Luzon Main Auditions held at PICC last month and she gave an insightful report about Philippine Idol and its potential, as well as some goings-on in the audition.

One notable part of the report is the expected comparison between the Philippine Idol judges to their American Idol counterparts, that Francis Magalona is Randy Jackson, Pilita Corrales is Paula Abdul, and Ryan Cayabyab is the local Simon Cowell.

But the PI judges went to the audition as themselves. "Well, I’m not Simon Cowell," Ryan Cayabyab said in the interview. "I am Mr. C. I will use my lifetime training as a teacher and musician.”

"We don't need a Simon Cowell," Pilita seemed to agree. "I don’t think we will ever have a contestant who will say, ‘Who do you think you are to tell me that I can’t sing?’ They just beg (instead).”

Read the whole Newsbreak article here.

Keep visiting this site for more Philippine Idol Updates!